Monday, March 1, 2010

Fresh From the Juice Box

Tales from a toddler...

As a parent we do everything we can to make sure our child is learning all the right things, like the ABC's and 123's, but sometimes we do too good of a job.

The other day, my daughter was having a toddler tantrum over not wanting to help pick up her blocks. The more I asked her to help, the more she messed them up. She even started throwing the blocks around the room making more of a mess.

I had enough, so I told her that I am going to start counting to ten and if she didn't help me I was going to start taking toys away from her for the rest of the day. She looked me dead in the face, picked up a block and threw it! "That's it!" I started to count "One...Two...Three..."

Then, she bursts out "Four...Five...One...Two" (she only knows up to five). She then walked around the house counting over and over to five. What I thought was a brilliant lesson is chances, turned out to be a briilant lesson in counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment