Friday, February 19, 2010

Fresh From the Juice Box

This is a new idea for the blog. From time to time, I will write a little story in the form of a toddler moment. This is also a great section for you to leave your stories too.

Fresh from the Juice Box

The other day as my toddler and I were doing our pre-bedtime ritual of learning our body parts - we're working on our face part right now - she got a little streak of devil in her as we were pointing out our eyes. Her quick little fingers thrusted toward my eyes and she plucked out a chuck of my eyelashes. Despite the eminence pain associated with this, I tried to calmly explain to her that she needed to be more careful. She seemed to understand and kept chanting "Mommy, eye." "Mommy, eye."

The next afternoon, we were again playing and just in casual terms I was commenting on her long beautiful eyelashes. Then, I remembered my lack of eyelashes and jokingly said "Since you have so many eyelashes can you share some of yours with mommy?" Not even expecting her to remember the night before, she replied without hesitation, "No. I'm gor-geous!" ... I think we have to work on the sharing part, but not so much the self esteem.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Look forward to the "Fresh from the Juice Box" posts!

    ReplyDelete